The European space agency's dart-shaped GOCE satellite, designed to skim through the extreme upper atmosphere using ion drives to compensate for air drag, has launched successfully from Plesetsk cosmodrome in northern Russia. Artist's impression of the GOCE spacecraft in orbit GOCE had been scheduled for launch yesterday, but …
T- minus 7 seconds (again)
Leans out of booth and shouts:
'Hey , Yuri, press the button!'
They build a highly advanced satellite with what must be the precursors to impulse engines, but then get scuppered by a dodgy door? Did they need to send someone down to the shops for a can of WD40 or something?
Bet it crashes on the White House - Oleg, you stupid bastard, I told you to reprogramme that!
Wasn't this how you refuelled in Elite?
The real reason for the failure of the launch tower doors is obvious. American spies welded all the doors on all the missile sites in the (former) USSR shut in the early 80s in preparation for a nuclear strike.
With the doors welded shut, the Russians would be unable to launch their ICBMs in time. Ofcourse just as this massive and top secret project neared completion, the USSR fell over and died.
Hope this research goes well!!! :) kudos to the engineers and all involved!
- Top Gear Tigers and Bingo Boilers: Farewell then, Phones4U
- Analysis iPhone 6: The final straw for Android makers eaten alive by the data parasite?
- Stephen Pie iPhone 6: Most exquisite MOBILE? No. It is the Most Exquisite THING. EVER
- First Crack Bloke buys iPHONE 6 and DROPS IT to SMASH on PURPOSE
- Early result from Scots indyref vote? NAW, Jimmy - it's a SCAM