back to article Dell cooks up all-in-one PC treat

The trend for eye catching all-in-one PCs appears to be growing, with Dell now kicking its latest such offering into touch – the Studio One 19. Described as beautiful enough to put in either your living room or... er... your kitchen, the all-in-one PC’s based around an 18.5in, 16:9 aspect ratio monitor. Touch operation can be …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

Studio One 19...

But only an 18.5" screen? Another reason I like my 5:4 monitor - 19" means 19" and not half an inch less.

done aready

thats almost identical to the machine i have in my kitchen already, only this one is all in one piece. same idea though, 19" widescreen, dual core, HD acceleration and wifi.

will there be a linux option? possibly MythBuntu and throw in a DVB-T dongle?

Silver badge

I had one.

A kitchen computer, that is. Was a Wyse 50, installed in a cabinet. Keyboard was in a drop-down rack underneath. The programmable keys were set for easy access to recipies, my canned-goods database, the contents of the freezers, bash, email, telnet, a vi-only login, a text-only web browser, etc. It worked well. I never used it, so I reclamed the cabinet space about ten years ago.

Innovative (my arse)

1998 - Apple introduce "All-in-One" iMac

2004 - Apple intoduce "All-in-One" iMac on metal stand

2009 - Dell begins catch-up.

Such 'innovation'! They're nearly as good as Microsoft!

What I just don't get, is...

Computer looks nice, but the keyboard... - Come on guys! Learn from apple, will ya? The Keyboard looks awfull!

(thanks for asking, but: no, no Apple Fanboy, me...)

Flame

the kitchen computer

Can you imagine the support calls? "Hey, guys, I just accidentally spilled some grease on my computer. Then when I tried to clean it, it just put out a bunch of sparks and died. It isn't supposed to do that is it? Did I do something wrong?"

[Long moment where you feel like a dial tone; what do you say to answer questions like that? More especially, how can you say anything that doesn't begin with something truly insulting?]

--Glenn

This topic is closed for new posts.

Forums