Here's the no-brainer statement of the week: EMC says that it is not going to sell off its stake in virtualization juggernaut VMware. The disk storage maker and parent company of VMware is hosting its strategic forum for institutional investors - what we might call an analyst conference - in Boston this morning, and EMC's …
And what do we run in these Zillions of Virtual Machines?
Eventually the VMs will shrink until they're indistinguishable from what we traditionally think of as a process, and then we'll be right back where we started; except, this time instead of being locked into Windows, we'll be locked into VMOS.
- 'Kim Kardashian snaps naked selfies with a BLACKBERRY'. *Twitterati gasps*
- Review Apple iPhone 6: Looking good, slim. How about... oh, your battery died
- Crawling from the Wreckage THE DEATH OF ECONOMICS: Aircraft design vs flat-lining financial models
- +Comment EMC, HP blockbuster 'merger' shocker comes a cropper
- Moon landing was real and WE CAN PROVE IT, says Nvidia