Here's the no-brainer statement of the week: EMC says that it is not going to sell off its stake in virtualization juggernaut VMware. The disk storage maker and parent company of VMware is hosting its strategic forum for institutional investors - what we might call an analyst conference - in Boston this morning, and EMC's …
And what do we run in these Zillions of Virtual Machines?
Eventually the VMs will shrink until they're indistinguishable from what we traditionally think of as a process, and then we'll be right back where we started; except, this time instead of being locked into Windows, we'll be locked into VMOS.
- Product round-up Six of the best gaming keyboard and mouse combos
- LinuxCon 2014 GitHub.io killed the distro star: Why are people so bored with the top Linux makers?
- Opinion IT blokes: would you say that LEWD comment to a man? Then don't say it to a woman
- 6 Obvious Reasons Why Facebook Will Ban This Article (Thank God)
- Linux turns 23 and Linus Torvalds celebrates as only he can