back to article Fujitsu Siemens Amilo Mini UI 3520 netbook

Fujitsu Siemens is no stranger to small laptops, but the Amilo Mini pushes it into the Small, Cheap Computer category along with the likes of the Asus Eee PC and that machine's many, many competitors. Fujitsu Siemens Amilo Mini Fujitsu Siemens' Amilo Mini: 1980s styling? While most manufactures are opting for soft edges …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Alert

A pedant strikes...

This wouldn't be a proper set of Reg article comments without someone complaining that "One less USB port than usual" should really have been "One fewer USB port than usual".

Or perhaps even "One USB port fewer than usual"?

2. W

design

Whether you're partial to it or not, the design at least attempts to do something different to the other identikit laptots.

Though ultimately, those efforts are futile if it's not able to credibly compete with the NC10 in any other way.

3. tony72
    Coat

@W

"identikit laptots"

For some reason this brings to mind Octomom's offspring.

4. Rune Moberg
    Thumb Down

SD read speed

I believe many of today's laptop still deliver sub-par performing SD card readers. They manage 1 MB/s - 2 MB/s tops. They _should_ deliever ten times that speed.

My old Fujitsu wasn't only slow (reading SD cards) but also consumed 100% CPU power.

So I am very interested in learning about reader speeds with the latest generation of laptops and netbooks.

5. This post has been deleted by its author

6. spegru
    Thumb Up

Nothing wrong with left and right mouse buttons.

Gives a bigger mousepad and/or keyboard

You quickly get used to it, esp considering you can tap the mouse pad for left click anyway

I'm all for it.

7. Keith Griffiths
    Unhappy

Mouse buttons

Why can't laptops have three buttons, most mice have a scroll wheel after all. My 701 is a pain to use with the MMB setup to be left and right click simultaneously, this would be even worse with the buttons either side of the pad.

8. OrsonX
    Unhappy

My FS AmiloA1630 had these problems...

1. screen went blank when I picked it up

2. LHS speaker failed

3. memory card reader corrupted transfered files

4. CD/DVD write failed

5. hard drive failed

6. only one of the 3 USB ports is USB 2.0 (they are all supposed to be)

7. and most recently XP has developed Altzeimers & forgets stuff (on a clean instal!)

Other than these little niggles it's a great machine and I look forward to giving FS my next load of hard earned cash (I don't think).

9. Christian Berger

Shiny screen...

zero points

I want to see what's on the screen, not my reflection.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like