Samsung has added a “next-generation” UMPC to its Q1 range - in the process removing the micro keyboard it added to the previous model in response to write-ups of the first Q1. Samsung_PMP_Q1EX_01 Samsung's Q1 EX: why have this rather than a netbook? Samsung may be slightly over-confident on its next generation claim, however …
nothing yet to lure me away from my UX1XN :)
A design to watch
This looks like a clunky version of the sort of design that Apple should be releasing - a larger iPod Touch...
design vs. practicality
2Alan: you are correct WRT the design, but just try to do something like sniffing RADIUS traffic for half an hour with your iPhone/iPod off the ethernet...
2Matt: how well does FreeBSD and/or GNU/Linux work on that blown up Sony UX1XN of yours?
2Gnusmas: do you guys have brains in your company? why not make fanless Q1 (like e.g. Samsung Q40 or legendary Sony X505VP)?
If this had a Atom 270 or some version on board I would have bought it in a heartbeat to upgrade my original Q1. I've had too many bad experiences with performance on VIA processors to shell out almost $800 for it. Now if it was around the netbook price range I might have considered it.
- Apple: We'll unleash OS X Yosemite beta on the MASSES on 24 July
- Pics It's Google HQ - the British one: Reg man snaps covert shots INSIDE London offices
- The END of the FONDLESLAB KINGS? Apple and Samsung have reason to FEAR
- White? Male? You work in tech? Let us guess ... Twitter? We KNEW it!
- Put down that Oracle database patch: It could cost $23,000 per CPU