Feeds

back to article Epson EH-DM2 projector with built-in DVD player

Will users get carried away by Epson's EH-DM2 portable projector that features an integrated DVD player and audio output? Epson EH-DM2 Epson's EH-DM2: more Volvo than Ferrari First impressions are not good: this is not a curvy, sexy colour supplement-friendly machine. Think Volvo, rather than Ferrari. Yet if you're a movie …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
Silver badge

Whaaat?

Why in god's name would you spend $560 on a 480p projector?!

Out of date when you buy it?

Following on from Mr Wiernicki's comment -- "DVD Player" I know there are Blu-Sceptics out there but surely even they wouldn't fork out more than £50 for a DVD player?

With the DVD and USB support...

... shame it doesn't include a PowerPoint-compatible viewer, though I guess that might take a little more processing power than this has got at its disposal.

Thumb Down

Just sad

No HDMI? Yeah right. And coaxial digital audio? Is this designed by Philips? Ridiculous.

Silver badge

Optoma HD10/HD11

That is all

Silver badge

@David Gosnell

A powerpoint viewer wouldn't do much good at 840x480 - remember, that's practically little different than 640x480, and nobody's been using that res for computer stuff for 15 years. I don't think anyone's been selling 640x480 projectors for 5+, either! Yikes...

think I will pass

when is the blu-ray verson with hdim and hi def res out?

@David Wiernicki

It is pretty low, but PowerPoint/OpenOffice/whatever generally does a fair stab at rescaling to fit the available resolution or lack thereof. But you may be right that no-one would actually want to......

This topic is closed for new posts.