back to article Gigabyte unveils touch-sensitive, twistable netbooks

Gigabyte has launched a four-strong range of netbooks with twistable, tablet-style touchscreens. gigabyte_netbook_01 Gigabyte's netbook, with a twist Images courtesy of SlashGear The machines were unveiled by the firm at the ongoing CeBit show in Germany where, according to various online reports, Gigabyte said the M1028M …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Patrick O'Reilly
    Linux

Cloud Anyone?

Isn't this ment to be the flagship product sporting the new gOS Cloud?

I'm guessing that a jumped up BIOS based browser isn't work a look in.

2. Jerome
    Stop

Don't hold your breath

I waiting nearly six months last year from the "release date" to get my hands on an M912, Gigabyte's exciting new touch-screen netbook (sound familiar?). In the end, I gave up and bought an Acer Aspire One.

I think the M912 arrived in the end, but I only ever saw it for sale one supplier, where it was rarely in stock. They were also charging double the price of any other netbook.

I'd love to get hold of one of these new machines, but I'd advise anyone salivating over them not to hold their breath.

3. Paul

Not sure I see the point...

Not sure I see the point of the twist. If you can twist it right round and use it as a touch screen tablet then that's handy - but if you're twisting just a few degrees left or right you won't be able to get to some of the keys on the keyboard (see the pic).

4. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Down

Windows XP?

Wrong OS for a netbook. Again.

Even if I wanted Windows, why would I want an OX that will be EoL'd soon?

5. Liam

hmmm

all the touchscreens like this ive seen before have been useless... the screen is like looking through a dirty window

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Awesome

If this is priced like a netbook (~£300), it would be absolutely brilliant. I'd definitely get one and retire my HP TC1100.

Pens are, like, SO 2004...

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like