Garmin has veered off of the road to launch two satnav series targeted at pedestrians. Garmin_pedestrian_satnav Garmin's Nüvi 1200 and 1300: walk, not drive The Nüvi 1200 and 1300 series – which together comprise eight models in all – are compatible with CityXplorer maps, which Garmin claimed offer “pedestrian navigation …
I don't get it
Most phones are including satnav now; I don't get why you'd want to carry an extra device around with you.
Fair enough with cameras perhaps, until the picture quality on phones is as good as an SLR... but not something which is essentially software which can run on anything with a GPS receiver.
But, folk will buy owt i suppose....
- Apple stuns world with rare SEVEN-way split: What does that mean?
- Got Windows 8.1 Update yet? Get ready for YET ANOTHER ONE – rumor
- Patch iOS, OS X now: PDFs, JPEGs, URLs, web pages can pwn your kit
- RIP net neutrality? FCC boss mulls 'two-speed internet'
- Sony Xperia Z2: 4K vid, great audio, waterproof ... Oh, and you can make a phone call