Garmin has veered off of the road to launch two satnav series targeted at pedestrians. Garmin_pedestrian_satnav Garmin's Nüvi 1200 and 1300: walk, not drive The Nüvi 1200 and 1300 series – which together comprise eight models in all – are compatible with CityXplorer maps, which Garmin claimed offer “pedestrian navigation …
I don't get it
Most phones are including satnav now; I don't get why you'd want to carry an extra device around with you.
Fair enough with cameras perhaps, until the picture quality on phones is as good as an SLR... but not something which is essentially software which can run on anything with a GPS receiver.
But, folk will buy owt i suppose....
- Analysis BlackBerry Messenger unleashed: Look out Twitter and Facebook
- Comment Mobile tech destroys the case for the HS2 £multi-beellion train set
- Nine-year-old Opportunity Mars rover sets NASA distance record
- Things that cost the same as coffee with Tim Cook - and are WAY more fun
- IT bloke publishes comprehensive maps of CALL CENTRE menu HELL