NetApp has updated its MetroCluster software to support storage array failover to remote site storage in VMware environments. MetroCluster is software that, using replication, synchronously mirrors data writes from a primary NetApp FAS array to one in a remote site, across a campus or metro area, up to 100km away. It runs in the …
Is it a cluster or not?
The article says the two arrays form a high availability cluster, but then later on say that it can only fail over if the storage controller stays running.
So is it clustered or not? Do you actually have a HA cluster of two storage controllers here, or do you just have a remote mirroring & failover solution that still has a single point of failure?
Re: Is it a cluster or not?
You need two sets of controllers and disks.
- Top Gear Tigers and Bingo Boilers: Farewell then, Phones4U
- Breaking Fad 4K-ing excellent TV is on its way ... in its own sweet time, natch
- First Irish boy band U2. Now Apple pushes ANOTHER thing into iPhones, iPods, iPads
- Updated iOS 8 Healthkit gets a bug SO Apple KILLS it. That's real healthcare!
- Stephen Pie iPhone 6: Most exquisite MOBILE? NO, it's the Most Exquisite THING. EVER