NetApp has updated its MetroCluster software to support storage array failover to remote site storage in VMware environments. MetroCluster is software that, using replication, synchronously mirrors data writes from a primary NetApp FAS array to one in a remote site, across a campus or metro area, up to 100km away. It runs in the …
Is it a cluster or not?
The article says the two arrays form a high availability cluster, but then later on say that it can only fail over if the storage controller stays running.
So is it clustered or not? Do you actually have a HA cluster of two storage controllers here, or do you just have a remote mirroring & failover solution that still has a single point of failure?
Re: Is it a cluster or not?
You need two sets of controllers and disks.
- YARR! Pirates walk the plank: DMCA magnets sink in Google results
- Pics Whisper tracks its users. So we tracked down its LA office. This is what happened next
- Review Xperia Z3: Crikey, Sony – ANOTHER flagship phondleslab?
- Ex-US Navy fighter pilot MIT prof: Drones beat humans - I should know
- Human spacecraft dodge COMET CHUNKS pelting off Mars