NetApp has updated its MetroCluster software to support storage array failover to remote site storage in VMware environments. MetroCluster is software that, using replication, synchronously mirrors data writes from a primary NetApp FAS array to one in a remote site, across a campus or metro area, up to 100km away. It runs in the …
Is it a cluster or not?
The article says the two arrays form a high availability cluster, but then later on say that it can only fail over if the storage controller stays running.
So is it clustered or not? Do you actually have a HA cluster of two storage controllers here, or do you just have a remote mirroring & failover solution that still has a single point of failure?
Re: Is it a cluster or not?
You need two sets of controllers and disks.
- Updated + vids WHOA: Get a load of Asteroid DX110 JUST MISSING planet EARTH
- Very fabric of space-time RIPPED apart in latest Hubble pic
- 10 years of Facebook Inside Facebook's engineering labs: Hardware heaven, HP hell – PICTURES
- Dell charges £16 TO INSTALL FIREFOX on PCs – Mozilla is miffed
- Google! and! Facebook! IDs! face! Yahoo! login! BAN!