Xyratex, one of the three main disk drive enclosure suppliers to the tier one storage array vendors, has introduced its small form factor (SFF) 2.5-inch drive array offering, using Seagate Savvio drives. Xyratex, along with Dot Hill and LSI Engenio, forms a triumvirate of drive enclosure suppliers for Fujitsu, HP, IBM, NetApp, …
The last paragraph
The last paragraph confuses me since HP have been shipping a SFF drive shelf since the beginning of 2006.
This one's new
HP have had MSA50 10-SFF and MSA70 25-SFF for a while now. This is different as it also houses the dual MSA2K-G2 controllers in the back of the enclosure and allows up to 3 x MSA70's or be hung off the back, for 99-SFF drives.
Huh, shows what I know :-(
Xyratex said it actually announced its 2U24 drive SP1224 about a year ago. Yesterday's announcement is about Xyratex being the first to qualify and support Seagate's new Savvio 15K2 SFF drive that others have not qualified for release. The slower Savvio HDD was available but Xyratex is the first to release the faster 15K2.
- Hi-torque tank engines: EXTREME car hacking with The Register
- Review What's MISSING on Amazon Fire Phone... and why it WON'T set the world alight
- Product round-up Ten excellent FREE PC apps to brighten your Windows
- Product round-up Trousers down for six of the best affordable Androids
- Why did it take antivirus giants YEARS to drill into super-scary Regin? Symantec responds...