Set to sit somewhere between a compact camera and a digital SLR, a new bridge series has been launched by Samsung. Samsung_NX_series_01 Samsung's NX series: part compact, part DSLR Samsung claimed that its NX-branded snappers will introduce a “revolutionary new family of hybrid digital cameras”. For example, Samsung’s ripped …
Really like this
I also like micro-FourThirds, but this I suspect has more mileage in it since they're using the APS-C sensor size which apart from being rather bigger also just seems better supported, being the Nikon/Canon size choice. One thing the press release doesn't seem to make at all clear is what the lens situation is expected to be. I suspect the mock-up is with a "pancake" prime, to emphasise the smallness compared with say the Lumix G1 which is over-bulky for what it is. On the other hand, if they even glued on a decent zoom, this will sell like hot-cakes in far superior replacement of Lumix's best-selling but foolishly-discontinued bridge, the FZ-50. Anyway, bring it on, Samsung - and maybe this will kick Olympus into action now, having mistakenly thought a chavvy leather prototype cut it when the rest of the world has passed them by.
- Apple: We'll unleash OS X Yosemite beta on the MASSES on 24 July
- Pics It's Google HQ - the British one: Reg man snaps covert shots INSIDE London offices
- White? Male? You work in tech? Let us guess ... Twitter? We KNEW it!
- The END of the FONDLESLAB KINGS? Apple and Samsung have reason to FEAR
- Researcher sat on critical IE bugs for THREE YEARS