Three in four phishing sites are hosted on compromised servers, according to a new survey. A study of 2,486 fraudulent websites found that 76 per cent were housed on hacked webservers, typically pwned after hackers identified well-known vulnerabilities using search engine queries. Free web hosting for fraudulent websites was …
As someone who works in the web hosting biz, I can say this is true. I've seen lots of websites running insecure CMSes and the like get exploited to host phishing sites. Chances are it's easier than signing up for a free hosting service. ;D
- Product round-up Ten excellent FREE PC apps to brighten your Windows
- Hi-torque tank engines: EXTREME car hacking with The Register
- Review What's MISSING on Amazon Fire Phone... and why it WON'T set the world alight
- Product round-up Trousers down for six of the best affordable Androids
- Why did it take antivirus giants YEARS to drill into super-scary Regin? Symantec responds...