Three in four phishing sites are hosted on compromised servers, according to a new survey. A study of 2,486 fraudulent websites found that 76 per cent were housed on hacked webservers, typically pwned after hackers identified well-known vulnerabilities using search engine queries. Free web hosting for fraudulent websites was …
As someone who works in the web hosting biz, I can say this is true. I've seen lots of websites running insecure CMSes and the like get exploited to host phishing sites. Chances are it's easier than signing up for a free hosting service. ;D
- Vid Google opens Inbox – email for people too thick to handle email
- RUMPY PUMPY: Bone says humans BONED Neanderthals 50,000 years B.C.
- Pic Forget the $2499 5K iMac – today we reveal Apple's most expensive computer to date
- Geek's Guide to Britain Kingston's aviation empire: From industry firsts to Airfix heroes
- Is your home or office internet gateway one of '1.2 MILLION' wide open to hijacking?