It's g'day and ta very much this crisp winter morn to Oz reader Damien Aiken who earlier this week got a bit of a shock while Googling for Direct Factory Outlets - a down-under chain of discount clothing warehouses. It appears that someone has been spending too much time mixing it up with the El Reg commentards: Google search …
I assume the sublink was to a page on their domain so someone at DFO must have set it up? Where did the link take you? Anyone?
What's the Prize?
I was just wondering cos I am thinking about claiming it, seeing as you're running a 'Spot the Difference' competition. . . . Well it is Friday!
1. The 'pages from Australia' radio button is selected in picture #1, 'the Web' in picture #2.
2. The 'Results' stats are missing in picture #1 but appear in picture #2.
3. The 'Search' button has a grey background in picture #1 whereas it is white in picture #2.
4. The time saving 'Tip' doesn't appear in picture #1 but does in picture #2.
5. The top and left border of the search box in picture #1 are 'emboldened' but not in picture #2.
So what have i won . . Huh, huh??!!
/ Mine's the one with a copy of 'Puzzler(tm) in the pocket /
well done, you spotted difference between rendering engines!
ODFO you Doofus!!
Please acquire a sense of humour soon, although to gain that you would also need a life.
As far as I know Ms Bee only recently penned this epithet but there is at last one instance of it being used in the past so you can't really claim it for yourselves. Sorry
By Chris Moore in 2005:-
And there's even a related FaceBook group which, judging by the comments, goes back to May last year :-
Lets all join hands and ODFO together...WHEEEEEEEEE!
Just to answer a few spot the difference remarks & questions.
The link actually did go to their website - right into their main index page.
MYOFB is right - well done, "Where's Wally" in that screenshot and you can have the prize... how's that for a sense of humour? : ) - The screen shot was taken firstly on the Australian Google site and the follow up was on the International site but let me assure your that both sites reflected the same information in both instances.
The discrepancy in the images would have been caused by my initial shot being taken in one browser and the second shot being taken in another (IE vs Firefox) - I had just been checking that I wasn't seeing things!
There is a link also that I have since found to someone else who found the same thing:
Well I hope that this clears up a few things.
- Leaked screenshots show next Windows kernel to be a perfect 10
- Product round-up Coming clean: Ten cordless vacuum cleaners
- Something for the Weekend, Sir? I need a password to BRAKE? What? No! STOP! Aaaargh!
- Episode 13 BOFH: WHERE did this 'fax-enabled' printer UPGRADE come from?
- Vulture at the Wheel Ford's B-Max: Fiesta-based runaround that goes THUNK