A redesigned PlayStation Portable (PSP) that doesn’t use UMD game discs could be launched this autumn, according to a senior gaming industry excutive. David Perry, Chief Creative Officer of games developer Acclaim, told website Kotaku that he recently “spoke to a developer who is working on [the PSP 2] right now”. It’s unclear …
"...the ultimate goal is for the PSP to go 100 per cent digital..."
What does he mean 100% digital? The only analogue component of any PSP (including my 'fat' one) is the analogue side of the DAC for audio output...
Presumably this statement is supposed to read "the ultimate goal is for the PSP to have no expensive moving parts like the Nintendo DS".
Paris because even she know that sentence doesn't make sence.
Does that mean that it could lower the cost of the new unit given reduction in parts needed?
- Review This is why we CAN have nice things: Samsung Galaxy Alpha
- Ex-Soviet engines fingered after Antares ROCKET launch BLAST
- Hate the BlackBerry Z10 and Passport? How about this dusty old flashback instead?
- NASA: Spacecraft crash site FOUND ON MOON RIM
- NATO declares WAR on Google Glass, mounts attack alongside MPAA