back to article iPhoney nano found, tested in Asia

While rumours of an iPhone Nano abound, anyone knocking about China or South-East Asia with a few quid spare can buy one right now. Well, up to a point. While the 'iPhone Mini' looks and feels like a Nano-style two-thirds scale iPhone -and even comes complete with an almost-Mac icon on the back - it has absolutely sod-all to do …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Lionel Baden

copyright

I reckon they should copyright the mini idea and then smak apples hand as soon as they release a small iphone :)

But sounds like they did decent job !

but dont they blow up ???

2. Paul Murphy

Apple ...

Are you watching??

A very good copy, I especially like the user-upgradable battery and the micro-SD card. With a larger screen to help keyboarding, or a palm-like pen area it could be worth it's money.

What's it like as a phone?

ttfn

3. Ash
    Joke

Important question unanswered!

UK availability?

4. Gogu

Same ?

http://www.dealextreme.com/photogallery.dx/sku.17846

5. Dan
    Thumb Up

It's a knock-off...

but dual sim, micro SD and replaceable battery?! Not bad. I wouldn't mind those on my iphone. It might have a slightly crappy OS, but if they delivery a software update that allows, for instance, Opera mobile and a flash plugin, they might be cooking on gas.

Come on Jobs, where's my f***ing Flash plugin?!

6. Stef

iCanCan

and all without a massive ripoff contract

7. kain preacher

Is it real a knock of ???

Or a case mod.

8. tardigrade
    Thumb Up

iPhoney and friend

Phoney phone and a phoney friend. Superb lateral thinking there in the product demonstration dept. I love it!

Ladyboys in Bangkok, what a surprise.

9. E

That's a

...man!

10. Mike Flugennock
    Paris Hilton

Never mind the phone...

...are THEY real?

Paris, because I can't be sure if _hers_ are real, either.

11. David Webb

Important Question

The most important question that I can think of, that "friend" in the first picture, is that a guy or a ladyboy? Its not female it is?!

12. Mick F
    Jobs Horns

So much better

than the shit jobs has pushed out

13. Jonathan White
    Thumb Down

Hypocritical much?

Yay for blatant copyright infringement. All power to people who do little more than rip off someone else's idea to make a quick buck. Hooray for shoddy productry wrapped up to look like another companies product in the hope of conning some money out of the unwary.

Wait, what? You say that's supposed to be a bad thing? Oh I see, it's a bad thing /unless you're doing it to the iPhone, which we don't like/. Hmm.

Jon

14. Neil

The chick in the photo

Looks like a ladyboy version of Myleene Klass.

15. richard
    Stop

that blokes a fake

well, a fake woman anyway. oh yeah, the phones junk too...

16. Jerry Masterson

8GB ?

"According to the back panel, the Mini comes with 8GB of storage but we couldn't find any way of accessing it - only the supplied 1GB SD card showing up in File Explorer"

Reminds me of a iPod I got from a street vendor while in China. Said 4GB on the box and player but was only 512MB. It was built well enough but they felt the need to falsely advertise it. Still worth the $5 though.

Maybe it was a typo or just chinglish. Like the Las Vegas DVD set, "Fast paged and sext!"

17. Dark Ian

If someone could knock up a decent OS...

...they'd be away. Aside from the b'llocks looking UI it seems an 'ok' bit of hardware.

18. Anonymous Coward
    Paris Hilton

"iphoney and friend"

Does the "friend"come as an accessory ? And if so, how many of her slots are accessible ?

19. Shingo Tamai
    Flame

Will it cook my brain?

What about electromagnetic emissions?

The chinese do not has the same regulations (and they do not care either) we have in Europe and US.

20. Anonymous Coward
    Stop

@Dan

" Come on Jobs, where's my f***ing Flash plugin?! "

Maybe it's Adobe's fault - there's no Flash plugin for any 64bit browser yet...

21. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Anchorman

"after some practice we managed to finger-type with around a 60 per cent chance of getting the right letter the first time."

Sixty percent of the time - it works EVERY time!

22. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Can anyone see a phone in this article?

I couldn't see one, and I gazed and gazed at it until...

23. Frank
    Thumb Up

Re. The Phone Holder Person

To all those people speculating on the true nature of the person holding the phone.....

Read the sub-heading :)

24. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

It's a Genuine Apple

Well a genuine Adam's Apple, anway.

25. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

So basically

It's a generic GSM phone (probably not even EDGE) with entry-level multi-meeja and a WAP browser, that's been given a nice (if somewhat derivative) UI.

26. Pierre

Patent

Quick guys, take a patent on "a phone that looks somewhat like the iPhone, only smaller". Given the state of the US patent system, it would probably be granted. Then move your lawyers to Texas and wait.

27. Anonymous Coward
    Jobs Horns

Improve on the iPhone in many areas

Would get one if it didn't look like the iPhone (ugly design).

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like