Cisco has begun the layoff process it had announced earlier, with approximately 250 people exiting its San Jose, California headquarters this week, along with more throughout its worldwide operations. The total number of lost jobs isn't clear, according to a report in the Wall Street Journal, but they won't be the only ones the …
Cisco has always engaged in scummy business practices
Why would anyone expect them to be any more honest about laying off their employees?
The obvious one...
As previously reported on El Reg:
"Nortel Networks plans to lay off 3,200 workers worldwide, about a tenth of the total workforce."
Nortel have 32,000 workers and are in administration
CISCO have 67,000 workers and have $29 billion in the bank.
CISCO are doing something right compared to Nortel... assuming the figures are true. At least the CISCO workers being made redundant will get severance pay (essential in this economic environment).
umm nope, a huge portion of cisco are vendors, myself included. i got a months notice and a headache trying to find another job in this stupid, greedy, capitalist world.
- HALF A BILLION TERRORISTS: WhatsApp encrypts ALL its worldwide jabber
- HUMAN DNA 'will be FOUND ON MOON' – rocking boffin Brian Cox
- Bang! You're dead. Who gets your email, iTunes and Facebook?
- YOU are the threat: True confessions of real-life sysadmins
- Blackpool hotel 'fines' couple £100 for crap TripAdvisor review