Mobile phone chip maker Qualcomm is considering laying off up to 40 engineers at its Cambridge labs, an insider has revealed. According to our source, staff at the site on Cambridge science park have been told they could be made redundant at the end of March as part of a cost cuts. The layoffs will come as a blow to the city's …
A bit behind the times
I think this story is a bit behind the times.
A few friends have already been given the heave ho on Monday.
So its already happened.....
@billy no mates
Stop lying ... you admit yourself you have no friend! :D
All about Qualcomm
I was at the Cafe Networking in Cambridge a couple of days ago and the room was full of Qualcomm (and Kodak) people.
I must say the meet was quite depressing for me, even as an employer.
I imagine its depressing enough living there to start with
Fortunately the Science Park is on the outskirts so you don' t actually have to live in Cambridge to work there.
On the other hand, we do have the A14 as revenge.
Qualcomm is a competitor - can see them out of the window - but heart goes out to people losing their jobs. We could be next....
- Comment Renewable energy 'simply WON'T WORK': Top Google engineers
- Useless 'computer engineer' Barbie FIRED in three-way fsck row
- Game Theory Dragon Age Inquisition: Our chief weapons are...
- 'How a censorious and moralistic blogger ruined my evening'
- Leaked screenshots show next Windows kernel to be a perfect 10