Back in November 2008, we reported that production of the the Pininfarina B0 – that's B 'zero', not B 'oh' – electric car had slipped from this year to a rather vague “late 2009/early 2010”. Sad to say, it's starting look as though the status of the B0 has moved from 'Coming Soon' to 'Don't Hold Your Breath'. Pininfarina B0 …
Damn - get on with it...
Release it, it'll sell - you'll be OK.
Stop farting about with more design tweaks and polishes.
Hopefully not bye-bye
I would be very surprised indeed to see Pininfarina go under, but it's more than possible certain parts of the business could be mothballed or closed/sold. To infer the company is just a styling house is pretty wide of the mark; Pininfarina also offers a lot of other services, many of which are used by major manufacturers in addition to their own resources. The original 205 is a good example, where Peugeot called on the Italians to finish off the design after running into a sticky patch over it as well as create the cabriolet version.
It's more these services, rather than producing concept cars, that get the cash in, and it's here that Pininfarina will be fighting it out with other firms in order to survive. Good luck to them.
- Asteroids as powerful as NUCLEAR BOMBS strike Earth TWICE YEARLY
- Got Windows 8.1 Update yet? Get ready for YET ANOTHER ONE – rumor
- Patch iOS, OS X now: PDFs, JPEGs, URLs, web pages can pwn your kit
- Review A premium smartie lump: Oppo N1 CyanogenMod Edition
- Sony Xperia Z2: 4K vid, great audio, waterproof ... Oh, and you can make a phone call