back to article Woolies Pic'n'Mix goes for £14,500

The last bag of Woolworths Pic'n'Mix has sold for a cool £14,500.10 down at the world's favourite tat bazaar. The last bag of Pic N Mix The 800g bag of sugary goodness was sold off by the former manager of Woolies Petts Wood branch, Ed Adams, who snapped it up just before he pulled down the shutters on the store for the last …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Aristotles slow and dimwitted horse
    Stop

That makes sense...

That is about the market price judging by my local cinema.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Up

W00t!

That'll be some expensive indigestion then!

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

What is the betting?

What is the betting the buyer does not pay?

4. DavCrav

Slightly non-charity

When it said that the proceeds were going to charity, I was thinking Macmillan, a hospice, maybe something like the RSPCA -- not a phone line. I can see how being sacked might not be the greatest thing ever, but I'm wondering what the person on the other end of the phone is going to tell you that would help, except for 'thanks to a guy from Woolies, we're hiring'.......

5. Niall Campbell

I believe...

The purchaser is Shopping direct...the internet retailer who also purchased Wollies to turn them into an internet retailer...Wonder if they'll be selling the bag on at a profit!!

6. Anonymous Coward
    Stop

I wonder...

If the buyer will actually eat it, and feel satisfied that it was worth nearly £15k....

At that price i'd at least expect it to be delivered on a silver platter...

7. This post has been deleted by its author

8. This post has been deleted by its author

9. Samson Chan
    Stop

@DavCrav

So by your definition, ChildLine isn't a worthy charity then?

10. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

eww.

15K for the scrapings from the bottom of a pick'n'mix bucket!

Stale sugary sweets that have been sitting there for weeks. Taken out and handled countless times by filthy little kids, sucked, dropped on the floor, then back in the bucket to fester a bit longer.

11. Alan Brookland

Stating the obvious?

Bill, I somewhat doubt that the bag would have reached the same dizzying heights of pricing if the auction hadn't been for charity.

Calling the manager an idiot for seeing the opportunity to raise some money to potentially help out his ex-employees seems harsh.

12. Anonymous Coward
    Flame

@ No sympathy...

There is a third option... maybe this auction only reached such a high price BECAUSE it's a charity auction; maybe would have raised under a fiver if the guy had said he was going to keep the money.

13. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

@ Bill Bennet

Think your confused, a woolworths guy didn't buy it , a woolworth guy basically got all the last pick and mix(probably at a discount) and then flogged it for charity!

p.s. i used to know a bill bennet at college!

14. Sarah Bee (Written by Reg staff)

Re: eww.

If you're looking for the point, it went thaddaway.

15. sammi
    Paris Hilton

Great

Smack, bang in the middle of a recession and somebody goes and buys a bag of sweets for over £14k

Paris, because... just... WTF?

16. Andus McCoatover
    Coat

@Bill Bennet

And one of my previous bosses was named "Gordon Benett"

Your point, sir?

17. Dark Ian

Weight or volume?

At one point Woolies stopped selling by volume (i.e. the see how much you could cram into one of the two different sized paper cups) and reverted to weight only. Some stupid bint replied to my email of complaint quoting something about the weights and measures act. I say they deserved to go bust on account of that alone. Plus my local always got clogged up with SOBs (scowling old bags) which is never good.

This topic is closed for new posts.