back to article iPhone app simulates political corruption

You now can practice the skills of a corrupt Chicago politician, thanks to a new game that appeared Thursday on Apple's iTunes App Store. Inspired by the saga of the ex-Grifter Governor of Illinois, Milorad "Rod" R. Blagojevich, Yanki.jp's iPhone and iPod Touch game, Pay2Play (App Store link), gives you 30 days to "pay back the …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
Dead Vulture

So basically....

...It's a mod of the old "Drug Wars" game then..?

...Headstone because the game is older then most el-Reg readers.... :D

Silver badge
Happy

Old but

Reminds the old jocks aroud here how amazing these text-based adventure games were. xzip sits there for a reason. I might consider getting an i{everythingbuta}Phone finally.

Lee
Thumb Up

@ Bill

Thanks - knew it was familiar, but couldn't remember the name....must dig out an old copy and enjoy again

Stimulating

Yeah Bill, I thought it sounded like Drug Wars too!

I misread the title of the article, thought it said "iPhone app stimulates political corruption"...

Illinois - The Open Standard of Corruption

Mod Rod was only a tiny, miniscule part of illinois.gov corruption. Our standards are very high - every politician, judge, district attorney, mayor, newspaper, federal prosecutor and mail carrier is required to be world-class corrupt, or we trade them for someone who is.

Staging a Reservoir Dogs final shot here would take months.

Unhappy

sigh

Now I have to read about our fine (disgraced) State Of IL here on The Register...

What's next, "The Roland Burris USB reporter dodger!" ??

Unhappy

@Bill

Awww Im 27 and I remember Drug Wars.....Had alot of fun with it too.

Now Im hurt

Jobs Horns

I must have had a bad day

...I read the headline as "iPhone stimulates political corruption"

Paris Hilton

I wonder....

How about Apple Wars, a simulation?

Imagine, you have to stimulate the fanbois by releasing shiny new bling/machines with high price tags every few months then issue refunds when shoddy manufacturing releases products that crack or scratch at the drop of a hat.

You could market product that is so locked down you hold a monopoly position on how it's used or even prevent owners from replacing consumable parts without voiding the warranty!

I know, it probably wouldn't sell, for a simulation game to be playable the scenario has to be at least credible to sensible people.

Paris, she's a fantasy as well.

Bronze badge

RE Bill and James

James : I'm only 24 and i remember it fondly.

Bill : Just how young do you think we are?

Re: Bill and James (FAO D@v3)

That's a trick question isn't it? Tell us your age and then ask us what it is, there's got to be a catch... That or it was just a really daft question!

@Bill

wasn't it Dope Wars?

This topic is closed for new posts.

Forums