The ongoing battle over which technology will rule the future wireless-broadband world has tilted strongly in favor of Long Term Evolution (LTE), thanks to two announcements at the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona. On Monday, Alcatel-Lucent announced a "multi-industry initiative" called ng Connect, which will support the …
So WiMAX is slowly morphing into ... WiMIN
Pssst! Consumers: Let 4G wireless be your home Internet gateway
With the U.S. economy in shambles, customers are abaondoning cable--or at least premium cable--like rats on a sinking ship. Millenials are so savvy, I can see an entire generation deciding, "Why should I subscribe to ANY landline hgh-speed access when I can connect my computers to the Internet through my my 4G phone?" That would be cable and DSL's worst nightmare.
- Apple stuns world with rare SEVEN-way split: What does that mean?
- Special report Reg probe bombshell: How we HACKED mobile voicemail without a PIN
- RIP net neutrality? FCC boss mulls 'two-speed internet'
- Sony Xperia Z2: 4K vid, great audio, waterproof ... Oh, and you can make a phone call
- Pic Tooled-up Ryobi girl takes nine-inch grinder to Asus beach babe