The ongoing battle over which technology will rule the future wireless-broadband world has tilted strongly in favor of Long Term Evolution (LTE), thanks to two announcements at the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona. On Monday, Alcatel-Lucent announced a "multi-industry initiative" called ng Connect, which will support the …
So WiMAX is slowly morphing into ... WiMIN
Pssst! Consumers: Let 4G wireless be your home Internet gateway
With the U.S. economy in shambles, customers are abaondoning cable--or at least premium cable--like rats on a sinking ship. Millenials are so savvy, I can see an entire generation deciding, "Why should I subscribe to ANY landline hgh-speed access when I can connect my computers to the Internet through my my 4G phone?" That would be cable and DSL's worst nightmare.
- Geek's Guide to Britain INSIDE GCHQ: Welcome to Cheltenham's cottage industry
- 'Catastrophic failure' of 3D-printed gun in Oz Police test
- Game Theory Is the next-gen console war already One?
- Apple cored: Samsung sells 10 million Galaxy S4 in a month
- BBC suspends CTO after it wastes £100m on doomed IT system