In a sign of the economic times, DreamWorks Animation has inked a deal with the New Mexico Computing Applications Center to use spare capacity to help render its 3D films. Nicknamed Encanto, the supercomputer that DreamWorks will be renting time on was funded by the state of New Mexico with an $11m grant in its 2007 budget to …
Now, if only..
...they could use the spare capacity of imaginative screenwriters to produce good movies.
...imaginative screenwriter is more often than not an oxymoron these days?
- Acorn founder: SIXTH WAVE of tech will wash away Apple, Intel
- Analysis BlackBerry Messenger unleashed: Look out Twitter and Facebook
- Comment Mobile tech destroys the case for the HS2 £multi-beellion train set
- Nine-year-old Opportunity Mars rover sets NASA distance record
- Things that cost the same as coffee with Tim Cook - and are WAY more fun