McAfee bucked the trend of poor financial news from the IT industry by posting strong results that exceeded analyst expectations on Thursday. The security software firm's Q4 revenues came in at $424m, an increase of 19 per cent compared to the $356m recorded in Q42007. Q42008 profits hit $45.4m, up from $12.2m in the same period …
nice car Mr.
McAfee lost my business when, after my yearly liscence was up, the virus scanner refused to scan w/o the latest update being installed!!
I was really angry, after all I had paid for the program and the updates I was entitled to during the year, surely it should be my perogative to keep on scanning even though the viral recognition files would be out of date?! Well, screw you McAfee, I'm now using AVG free with no problems.
Why didn't I update my liscence? Why should we, it's like a "virus tax" that you have to pay every year
- The land of Milk and Sammy: Free music app touted by Samsung
- The long war on 'DRAM price fixing' is over: Claim YOUR spoils now (It's worth a few beers)
- Privacy warriors lob sueball at Facebook buyout of WhatsApp
- 20 Freescale staff on vanished Malaysia Airlines flight MH370
- Dell thuds down low-cost lap workstation for
cheapfrugal creatives or engineers