Feeds

back to article Huawei shows tiny HSDPA Wi-Fi hotspot gadget

Modem maker Huawei has introduced what it claims is the world's smallest and lightest HSDPA connection-sharing gadget yet. Huawei i-Mo Huawei's i-Mo: not just a 3G dongle, it's a Wi-Fi hotspot too Dubbed the i-Mo and the size of "a small key chain", the unit looks rather like Huawei's old E220 HSDPA modem, but it has an 802. …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

Intriguing

If this thing can be self-powered from its own Li-ion battery (with USB as an option for connection and charging), it could avoid the ugly/fragile protuberances currently generally required for mobile broadband. Stick it in your pocket, and the laptop can talk to it via wi-fi, no extra driver shenanigans or Windows dependence required.

But I sadly fear it might not work that way. Any idea?

Sweet Jesus

That's great!

JoikuSpot

If you've got a Symbian Series 60 mobile with 3G/HSDPA and Wi Fi (so pretty much all the new Nseries for a start) you can get this functionality for free.

Free version is nagware in the sense that it's fully functional, but you can't change the landing page (so first page opened for any laptop accessing it will always be www.joikuspot.com), and your hotspot name will always be preceded by 'JoikuSpot_'. If you want to pay, it removes these limitations.

This topic is closed for new posts.