Nokia will close its Jyväskylä product-development site by the end of 2009, and scale back its Salo site - a shame for those who got relocated there in the last round of cuts. Jyväskylä employs 320 people, all of whom will be affected by the closure, while the Salo site - to which staff laid off from Turku were relocated in …
Ten questions and answers about temporary layoffs from YLE, the Finnish BBC.
- Vid Hubble 'scope scans 200,000-ton chunky crumble conundrum
- Bugger the jetpack, where's my 21st-century Psion?
- Google offers up its own Googlers in cloud channel chumship trawl
- Interview Global Warming IS REAL, argues sceptic mathematician - it just isn't THERMAGEDDON
- Apple to grieving sons: NO, you cannot have access to your dead mum's iPad