Russia has written a mildy-worded letter of protest to the Times denying that Abba tribute band Bjorn Again performed a private gig for Vladimir Putin at a cost of £20,000. The paper last week ran a shock report in which the band insisted they'd jetted to Moscow, been whisked 200 miles by bus to "a remote location near Lake …
Style of music that they are used to, possibly?
The Times notes that last year's Russian victor - Believe by Dima Bilan - "received a maximum 12 points from six neighbouring countries: Armenia, Belarus, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania and Ukraine".
I don't blame former Soviet countries for giving maximum points to a style of music that they enjoy the most, as was probably the case when voting for the Russian (as in 'former Soviet') entry.
Admittedly, the El Reg implication that gas supplies in the colder months may be 'reduced' depending on appropriate favours not being forthcoming may not be a million miles away from the truth, unfortunately.
Well, if the group was a look-alike, perhaps the audience was too? Rumours abounded years ago that look-alike Russian presidents were wheeled out and used when the real thing was indisposed, or maybe dead!
I wonder if Vladimir is into Magical Mystery Turing? I shall have to enquire via a number of available channels/chunnels as he comes across as being a lot smarter than many others who crowd Media's stage and spin their tales ....... for tails probably.
And if you have ever met any of Mother Russia's fine ladies, you'll never disagree with .....
" Well the Ukraine girls really knock me out
They leave the west behind
And Moscow girls make me sing and shout
They Georgia's always on my my my my my my my my my mind .."
The name of the game is
Mamma Mia! Does his mother know? No-one's accusing him of being a dancing queen or anything. It's no good just shouting SOS when the phone goes ring ring; he really could meet his Waterloo over this.
When asked if he liked Abba, he should have stepped into the light of the super trouper and say, "yes - I do, I do, I do, I do, I do."
- I believe your beloved country's Eurovision entry sucks donkey balls, Mr. Capitalistic Composer. ^_^
- Why thank you, your neighbors' commendable sycophantism was a grand success, if I say so myself, your Retarded Excellence, sir. ^_^
- Yes, true, very true, fuck you very much. ^_^
Crikey, that vodka must be good, Wyrmhole. :-)
ABBA moved away, now it's BoneyM in Siberia for $4K a performance
... in 500-seats old-Soviet design hall, you know, stars, banners, Marx and Lenin in moulding and such. Stage light from Martin, and best of Marshall acoustic system (China). As reported by the trusted source. In 2008 Siberians could enjoy Deep Purple for $5K net... Prognosis: Pink Floyd, $6K (-:
Wagner would be much more appropriate today. One must find his local enterpreneur, though.
Andrew Lloyd Webber is to music
what Vladimir Putin is to democracy.
- Vid Google opens Inbox – email for people too thick to handle email
- RUMPY PUMPY: Bone says humans BONED Neanderthals 50,000 years B.C.
- Pic Forget the $2499 5K iMac – today we reveal Apple's most expensive computer to date
- Geek's Guide to Britain Kingston's aviation empire: From industry firsts to Airfix heroes
- Is your home or office internet gateway one of '1.2 MILLION' wide open to hijacking?