A US casino operator video surveilling its customers has ripped 90 Dell servers and replaced them with Pivot3 storage arrays. Dell's mantra is to simplify technology. By getting rid of the Dell servers, three Choctaw casinos in Oklahoma will simplify their IT technology and save around 70Kwatts of power and $300,000 on lowered …
Oh the irony
If you count 3 starting from your thumb or pinky, you land on the middle finger ... then pivot upwards to give the screwing motion gesture ... you get "Pivot3 to all o' ya" especially you Dell HP IBM ...
At $3000+ a server to stream video to disk that is a rip-off especially when the acquisition card probably does all the work.
I Call Shenanigans
How does junking existing servers lower acquisition costs?
Yes, you can lower power, maintenance and HVAC costs but not acquisition costs when you already own them and are supposedly junking them. You will actually take a charge for the junking as you have disposed of an asset.
- Opportunity selfie: Martian winds have given the spunky ol' rover a spring cleaning
- Spanish village called 'Kill the Jews' mulls rebranding exercise
- NASA finds first Earth-sized planet in a habitable zone around star
- New Facebook phone app allows you to stalk your mates
- Battle of the Linux clouds! Linode DOUBLES RAM to take on Digital Ocean