A US casino operator video surveilling its customers has ripped 90 Dell servers and replaced them with Pivot3 storage arrays. Dell's mantra is to simplify technology. By getting rid of the Dell servers, three Choctaw casinos in Oklahoma will simplify their IT technology and save around 70Kwatts of power and $300,000 on lowered …
Oh the irony
If you count 3 starting from your thumb or pinky, you land on the middle finger ... then pivot upwards to give the screwing motion gesture ... you get "Pivot3 to all o' ya" especially you Dell HP IBM ...
At $3000+ a server to stream video to disk that is a rip-off especially when the acquisition card probably does all the work.
I Call Shenanigans
How does junking existing servers lower acquisition costs?
Yes, you can lower power, maintenance and HVAC costs but not acquisition costs when you already own them and are supposedly junking them. You will actually take a charge for the junking as you have disposed of an asset.
- +Comment Trips to Mars may be OFF: The SUN has changed in a way we've NEVER SEEN
- Vid Google opens Inbox – email for people too stupid to use email
- Back to the ... drawing board: 'Hoverboard' will disappoint Marty McFly wannabes
- Pic Forget the $2499 5K iMac – today we reveal Apple's most expensive computer to date
- Google+ goes TITSUP. But WHO knew? How long? Anyone ... Hello ...