back to article Red Hat to help liberate Oracle 'hostages'

Red Hat is piling the open-source pressure on Linux predator Oracle with a project targeting the giant's massive application server business. The Linux outfit has announced JBoss Migration Assistance (MASS) in conjunction with JBoss solution partners, a community open-source project to build tools and resources to help customers …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
Thumb Up

Glassfish, not JBoss

If I were Oracle, I wouldn't worry about JBoss, they're trying to play catch up. The Glassfish community is what Oracle should be laying awake about, that community is far larger with far better quality/availability. I'm seeing in nearly everywhere I see Java in the enterprise...

This post has been deleted by a moderator

JBOSS is good quality and cheaper

My company is finishing a migration from Weblogic to JBOSS for our apps. WL is much nicer, particularly the administrative console and ease of support because of it, but the licensing costs a fortune and the upgrade from version to version was causing way too many headaches for our developers.

Paris Hilton

Oracle "loves" BEA customers

I take it Oracle likes their licence fees, because up until Oracle took over, BEA had the most rational licence for multi-core CPU's. Good bye to that and good bye to many, many customers.

Anonymous Coward

RedHat

Need to start with there own products dependency of oracle. Why on earth they ever used it for satellite I'll never figure. But it makes for a horrifically costly solution to patch management and systems deployment. Hopefully we will ditch it at some point as its a, frankly, crap system for the cost.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Forums