If compute clouds want to succeed as businesses instead of toys, they have to run the same commercial software that IT departments deploy internally on their own servers. Which is why a deal struck between IBM and Amazon's Web Services subsidiary is important, perhaps more so for Amazon than for Big Blue. Today, IBM announced …
A Network of Warrens for Quantum Fund Foundations .....
... Excavated to Rock for ITs Solid Base and Liquid Magma ProgramMIng*.
"IBM says that it will announce pricing for the production versions of its software running on EC2 when it is ready for primetime."
Whenever IBM are out of their short trousers and the Cloud Kindergarden, and are offering Premiums to Virtual Machinery Servers with their Special Clientele, rather than thinking to charge for their Work and Participation, perhaps you would let us know, Tim PM/El Reg.
For then will IT kickstart their Economy rather than drain it exhaustively as the old models have proved themselves to be doing with the evidence being the Present Unprecedented Sub Prime Performance Mess/Security Hash.
Until then, I'll use the other System, thank you very much, with its Systems which Supply the Feeds for Needs rather than the Polar Opposite, Needs for Feeds.
A Subtle Semantic Textual Difference but as Significantly Different as Water and Wine/Reign and Cloud.
* NEUKlearer HyperRadioProActivity Registering ITself to the Next Level and Higher Command and Control Structures/Virtual Interfaces? :-) Yes, of course it is. ...... http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29038920/
- Apple's spamtastic iBeacon retail alerts launch with Frisco FAIL
- Submerged Navy submarine successfully launches drone from missile tubes
- Cache in the Attic El Reg's contraptions confessional no.2: Tablet PC, CRT screen and more
- Developer unleashes bowel-shaking KILLER APP for Google Glass
- Pix Astroboffins spot HOT, YOUNG GIANT where she doesn't belong