Symantec is to offer a cloud backup storage service for consumers, similar to the Mozy, Carbonite, and Spare Backup services Symantec's consumer cloud storage is available from April 1, according to Janice Chaffin, the president of Symantec's cloud division, as reported by Reuters. Norton 360 users currently get 2GB of online …
Oh joy, oh r"apture...
I'd be happy if Symantec could reliably back our stuff up onto a disk array and tape drive next to the flipping server, never mind up to some nebulous deep hole in the "cloud". Hate that word; colour me a cumulophobe.
Just use crashplan
It's free, and you build your own cloud from your computer and a mates
- Put down that Oracle database patch: It could cost $23,000 per CPU
- DAYS from end of life as we know it: Boffins tell of solar storm near-miss
- The END of the FONDLESLAB KINGS? Apple and Samsung have reason to FEAR
- Pics It's Google HQ - the British one: Reg man snaps covert shots INSIDE London offices
- Bose decides today IS F*** With Dre Day: Beats sued in patent spat