Symantec is to offer a cloud backup storage service for consumers, similar to the Mozy, Carbonite, and Spare Backup services Symantec's consumer cloud storage is available from April 1, according to Janice Chaffin, the president of Symantec's cloud division, as reported by Reuters. Norton 360 users currently get 2GB of online …
Oh joy, oh r"apture...
I'd be happy if Symantec could reliably back our stuff up onto a disk array and tape drive next to the flipping server, never mind up to some nebulous deep hole in the "cloud". Hate that word; colour me a cumulophobe.
Just use crashplan
It's free, and you build your own cloud from your computer and a mates
- Breaking news: Google exec in terrifying SKY PLUNGE DRAMA
- Geek's Guide to Britain Kingston's aviation empire: From industry firsts to Airfix heroes
- Analysis Happy 2nd birthday, Windows 8 and Surface: Anatomy of a disaster
- Google CEO Larry Page gives Sundar Pichai keys to the kingdom
- Adobe spies on readers: EVERY DRM page turn leaked to base over SSL