Symantec is to offer a cloud backup storage service for consumers, similar to the Mozy, Carbonite, and Spare Backup services Symantec's consumer cloud storage is available from April 1, according to Janice Chaffin, the president of Symantec's cloud division, as reported by Reuters. Norton 360 users currently get 2GB of online …
Oh joy, oh r"apture...
I'd be happy if Symantec could reliably back our stuff up onto a disk array and tape drive next to the flipping server, never mind up to some nebulous deep hole in the "cloud". Hate that word; colour me a cumulophobe.
Just use crashplan
It's free, and you build your own cloud from your computer and a mates
- It's true, the START MENU is coming BACK to Windows 8, hiss sources
- iSPY: Apple Stores switch on iBeacon phone sniff spy system
- Pic NASA Mars tank Curiosity rolls on old WET PATCH, sighs, sniffs for life signs
- How UK air traffic control system was caught asleep on the job
- Google embiggens its fat vid pipe Chromecast with TEN new supported apps