Symantec is to offer a cloud backup storage service for consumers, similar to the Mozy, Carbonite, and Spare Backup services Symantec's consumer cloud storage is available from April 1, according to Janice Chaffin, the president of Symantec's cloud division, as reported by Reuters. Norton 360 users currently get 2GB of online …
Oh joy, oh r"apture...
I'd be happy if Symantec could reliably back our stuff up onto a disk array and tape drive next to the flipping server, never mind up to some nebulous deep hole in the "cloud". Hate that word; colour me a cumulophobe.
Just use crashplan
It's free, and you build your own cloud from your computer and a mates
- Hi-torque tank engines: EXTREME car hacking with The Register
- Review What's MISSING on Amazon Fire Phone... and why it WON'T set the world alight
- Product round-up Trousers down for six of the best affordable Androids
- Antique Code Show World of Warcraft then and now: From Orcs and Humans to Warlords of Draenor
- Why did it take antivirus giants YEARS to drill into super-scary Regin? Symantec responds...