NEC has confirmed that it will shutter its European PC operations. After announcing hefty fiscal Q3 losses and 20,000 worldwide job cuts last week, the Japanese technology conglomerate will also outsource its European server manufacturing. "We presented to our employees yesterday the fact that we intend to exit the notebook and …
Quite a shame
If NEC computers are even half as good as their excellent optical drives, monitors and integrated circuits then its quite a shame to see them go. Unfortunately, NEC PCs have been discontinued for quite some time here in the US.
- Comment Renewable energy 'simply WON'T WORK': Top Google engineers
- Leaked screenshots show next Windows kernel to be a perfect 10
- Amazon warming up 'cheapo web vid' cannon to SINK Netflix
- Windows Phone will snatch biz No 2 spot from Android – analyst
- Something for the Weekend, Sir? I need a password to BRAKE? What? No! STOP! Aaaargh!