NEC has confirmed that it will shutter its European PC operations. After announcing hefty fiscal Q3 losses and 20,000 worldwide job cuts last week, the Japanese technology conglomerate will also outsource its European server manufacturing. "We presented to our employees yesterday the fact that we intend to exit the notebook and …
Quite a shame
If NEC computers are even half as good as their excellent optical drives, monitors and integrated circuits then its quite a shame to see them go. Unfortunately, NEC PCs have been discontinued for quite some time here in the US.
- Oh noes, fanbois! iPhone 6 Plus shipments 'DELAYED' in the UK
- The sound of silence: One excited atom is so quiet that the human ear cannot detect it
- Bloat-free, unlocked Moto X to be dubbed 'Pure Edition', says report
- In a spin: Samsung accuses LG exec of washing machine SABOTAGE
- Feature Be your own Big Brother: Monitoring your manor, the easy way