Apple co-founder Steve Wozniak is to become chief scientist for PCIe-connected solid state drive vendor Fusion-io and help devise a strategy to penetrate global corporate customers. His track record in this, unlike his Apple engineering record, is sadly unimpressive. Wozniak serves on an advisory board for Fusion where his work …
Denigrating the engineer and praising the marketeer in a tech rag? Are you bonkers?
It's clearly not Wozniaks role, hopefully they're using that gumpf to get funding and using the man for engineering.
I don't think that article is even remotely fair to Steve Wozniak.
Neither you, nor we, have any real idea of what he's doing at Fusion-IO; but I'm sure he does.
Jobs is not a "piece of work". Jobs is a "piece of shit" who built a business on the back of stolen ideas.
Woz has been the only person to ever come out of Apple with any semblance of honour or dignity.
People Change Career Paths All The Time
That status might just get his foot in the door at some of these prospective global corporate customers, and getting in to see them is a necessary first step. Having the experience of being in the moment, in the biz for all these years can't hurt either. Diversity is a good thing, 30 clone employees aren't necessary unless they're mass manufacturing widgets.
Also remember that since he doesn't need the money, he might just have some passion for what he's doing which can make the difference.
- Hi-torque tank engines: EXTREME car hacking with The Register
- Product round-up Ten excellent FREE PC apps to brighten your Windows
- Review What's MISSING on Amazon Fire Phone... and why it WON'T set the world alight
- Product round-up Trousers down for six of the best affordable Androids
- Why did it take antivirus giants YEARS to drill into super-scary Regin? Symantec responds...