The FBI has released pictures of two suspects linked to a multi-million dollar ATM heist. The man and a woman are thought to be street-level accomplices in a global cash machine heist the netted $9m from 130 ATM machines in 49 cities around the globe in a co-ordinated attack that lasted just hours. Investigators reckon the gang …
Says it all
I'll have a tenner
They got all their cards compromized...
And all they did was reset the PIN numbers!!!??!? Put this in DailyWTF
I wish I'd come up with this idea! It would beat my crap pay as an IT consultant!
I should have become a lawyer at £300 an hour, as I just discovered the other day.
How much did each card let them take?
100 cards would be $90,000 from each!
And given that they're payroll cards, those would be from low-paid workers. I'd be surprised if any of them earn half that figure in a year.
And the banks tell us that they have 'good' security protocols?
This is why the mob exists
This is why the mob exists. If you steal $9 mil and the only risk you face is some time in jail, go for it. The risk/benefit is worth it. If you know you are going to end up in the Vegas desert beaten to death with a baseball bat, it is unlikely any theft is going to balance out this likely possibility. Hence, why we have the mob.
- Updated Microsoft Azure goes TITSUP (Total Inability To Support Usual Performance)
- Review Apple takes blade to 13-inch MacBook Pro with Retina display
- Munich considers dumping Linux for ... GULP ... Windows!
- Game Theory The agony and ecstasy of SteamOS: WHERE ARE MY GAMES?
- Pic iPhone 6 flip tip slips in Aussie's clip: Apple's 'reversible USB' leaks