Variants of the Pinch Trojan are infecting users more than a year after the arrest of its two original authors, , who were recently jailed for their crimes. More than 4,000 PCs a day were getting infected by just one variant of the information-pilfering malware, according to net security firm PrevX, which bases this estimate on …
Does The Register have a policy of never naming names on AV ? It seems that there have been a few similar articles in which it is implied that some AV packages are not protecting the user.
Yeh give us the AV names please
I sometimes get a gut feeling that SOME of the Anti Virus companies may be playing
both Poacher and Gamekeeper at same time, and would be good in such cases
to name the AV software being used so can maybe see a pattern !!. Could show AV
- Pics Indestructible Death Stars blow up planets with glowing KILL RAY
- Hands on Satisfy my scroll: El Reg gets claws on Windows 8.1 spring update
- Video Snowden: You can't trust SPOOKS with your DATA
- 166 days later: Space Station astronauts return to Earth
- What did you see, Elder Galaxies? What made you age so quickly?