Xsigo Systems - which back in September 2007 launched an in-band I/O virtualization appliance that cuts the hard-coded links between servers, storage, and networks and completely virtualizes those connections - has landed its first tier one server partner and distributor: Dell. Dell is particularly excited by its partnership …
As one of only 2 customers in the UK, I can say that Xsigo should be viewed as a major part of any non blade ESX Farm.
Dell already has blade I/O virtualization
It's called "FlexAddress". It decouples and virtualizes the Ethernet MAC and Fibre Channel WWN. It is very similar to IBM Blade Open Fabric Manager and HP Virtual Connect.
- IT bloke publishes comprehensive maps of CALL CENTRE menu HELL
- Analysis Who is the mystery sixth member of LulzSec?
- Comment Congress: It's not the Glass that's scary - It's the GOOGLE
- Analysis Hey, Teflon Ballmer. Look, isn't it time? You know, time to quit?
- Murdoch Facebook gloat: You're like my $580m, 'CRAPPY' MySpace