Smile detection features on many compact cameras nowadays. But an offshoot of the technology’s now been designed to detect the strength of your subject’s smile. Smile_scan_01 Smile Scan rates the quality of your smile Smile Scan software measures movements on key points of your face, such as the edges of your mouth, your nose …
This is going to prove really useful. With the introduction of (UK) ID cards and iris checks the government can insist that certain services will be available ONLY to those who smile*. Grim-faced personages can be denied access to public buildings, transport and benefits. The government can then prove conclusively that we are much happier in a 24-hour surveillance society.
(* excludes children and employees of H M Government and rich or influential personages)
- Pic Forget the $2499 5K iMac – today we reveal Apple's most expensive computer to date
- RUMPY PUMPY: Bone says humans BONED Neanderthals 50,000 years B.C.
- Geek's Guide to Britain Kingston's aviation empire: From industry firsts to Airfix heroes
- Analysis Happy 2nd birthday, Windows 8 and Surface: Anatomy of a disaster
- Review Vulture trails claw across Lenovo's touchy N20p Chromebook