Smile detection features on many compact cameras nowadays. But an offshoot of the technology’s now been designed to detect the strength of your subject’s smile. Smile_scan_01 Smile Scan rates the quality of your smile Smile Scan software measures movements on key points of your face, such as the edges of your mouth, your nose …
This is going to prove really useful. With the introduction of (UK) ID cards and iris checks the government can insist that certain services will be available ONLY to those who smile*. Grim-faced personages can be denied access to public buildings, transport and benefits. The government can then prove conclusively that we are much happier in a 24-hour surveillance society.
(* excludes children and employees of H M Government and rich or influential personages)
- Put down that Oracle database patch: It could cost $23,000 per CPU
- The END of the FONDLESLAB KINGS? Apple and Samsung have reason to FEAR
- Pics It's Google HQ - the British one: Reg man snaps covert shots INSIDE London offices
- DAYS from end of life as we know it: Boffins tell of solar storm near-miss
- Bose decides today IS F*** With Dre Day: Beats sued in patent spat