Smile detection features on many compact cameras nowadays. But an offshoot of the technology’s now been designed to detect the strength of your subject’s smile. Smile_scan_01 Smile Scan rates the quality of your smile Smile Scan software measures movements on key points of your face, such as the edges of your mouth, your nose …
This is going to prove really useful. With the introduction of (UK) ID cards and iris checks the government can insist that certain services will be available ONLY to those who smile*. Grim-faced personages can be denied access to public buildings, transport and benefits. The government can then prove conclusively that we are much happier in a 24-hour surveillance society.
(* excludes children and employees of H M Government and rich or influential personages)
- Fee fie Firefox: Mozilla's lawyers probe Dell over browser install charge
- Did Apple's iOS make you physically SICK? Try swallowing version 7.1
- Pics Indestructible Death Stars blow up planets using glowing KILL RAY
- Neil Young touts MP3 player that's no Piece of Crap
- Review Distro diaspora: Four flavours of Ubuntu unpacked