Smile detection features on many compact cameras nowadays. But an offshoot of the technology’s now been designed to detect the strength of your subject’s smile. Smile_scan_01 Smile Scan rates the quality of your smile Smile Scan software measures movements on key points of your face, such as the edges of your mouth, your nose …
This is going to prove really useful. With the introduction of (UK) ID cards and iris checks the government can insist that certain services will be available ONLY to those who smile*. Grim-faced personages can be denied access to public buildings, transport and benefits. The government can then prove conclusively that we are much happier in a 24-hour surveillance society.
(* excludes children and employees of H M Government and rich or influential personages)
- Geek's Guide to Britain INSIDE GCHQ: Welcome to Cheltenham's cottage industry
- Game Theory Is the next-gen console war already One?
- 'Catastrophic failure' of 3D-printed gun in Oz Police test
- Analysis Spam and the Byzantine Empire: How Bitcoin tech REALLY works
- VIDEO Herschel Space Observatory spots galaxies merging