Directgov, the UK government's information website, is now available on your telly via Teletext and Freeview. The site offers information from various government departments and has been available on Sky and Virgin Media for some time. Services will be available on Freeview channel 106 or by going to Teletext page 750 behind …
"advice on keeping your house warm"
Oh joy. Do they really need to launch a freeview channel telling me to turn the heating up and shut the windows?!
I know the state of society is declining et al, and people are getting stupider, but really, is it THAT bad?!
Surely they have better things to spend money on in the middle of a recession?
Paris, cos even she knows how to keep warm.
CEEFAX / Teletext is a far better system than the limited text service available on digital TV. Most other countries have kept a teletext service on digital TV but the UK appears to be determined to kill it off.
- BEST BATTERY EVER: All lithium, all the time, plus a dash of carbon nano-stuff
- Stick a 4K in them: Super high-res TVs are DONE
- Review You didn't get the MeMO? Asus Pad 7 Android tab is ... not bad
- DINOSAUR SLAYER asteroid strike was DEVILISHLY inconvenient timing
- Russia: There is a SPACECRAFT full of LIZARDS in orbit above Earth and WE control it