Directgov, the UK government's information website, is now available on your telly via Teletext and Freeview. The site offers information from various government departments and has been available on Sky and Virgin Media for some time. Services will be available on Freeview channel 106 or by going to Teletext page 750 behind …
"advice on keeping your house warm"
Oh joy. Do they really need to launch a freeview channel telling me to turn the heating up and shut the windows?!
I know the state of society is declining et al, and people are getting stupider, but really, is it THAT bad?!
Surely they have better things to spend money on in the middle of a recession?
Paris, cos even she knows how to keep warm.
CEEFAX / Teletext is a far better system than the limited text service available on digital TV. Most other countries have kept a teletext service on digital TV but the UK appears to be determined to kill it off.
- Review This is why we CAN have nice things: Samsung Galaxy Alpha
- MEN: For pity's sake SLEEP with LOTS of WOMEN - and avoid Prostate Cancer
- Ex-Soviet engines fingered after Antares ROCKET launch BLAST
- Vid BONFIRE of the MEGA-BUCKS: $200m+ BURNED in SECONDS in Antares launch blast
- Hate the BlackBerry Z10 and Passport? How about this dusty old flashback instead?