Directgov, the UK government's information website, is now available on your telly via Teletext and Freeview. The site offers information from various government departments and has been available on Sky and Virgin Media for some time. Services will be available on Freeview channel 106 or by going to Teletext page 750 behind …
"advice on keeping your house warm"
Oh joy. Do they really need to launch a freeview channel telling me to turn the heating up and shut the windows?!
I know the state of society is declining et al, and people are getting stupider, but really, is it THAT bad?!
Surely they have better things to spend money on in the middle of a recession?
Paris, cos even she knows how to keep warm.
CEEFAX / Teletext is a far better system than the limited text service available on digital TV. Most other countries have kept a teletext service on digital TV but the UK appears to be determined to kill it off.
- Infosec geniuses hack a Canon PRINTER and install DOOM
- Boffins say they've got Lithium batteries the wrong way around
- Game Theory Half a BILLION in the making: Bungie's Destiny reviewed
- 'Windows 9' LEAK: Microsoft's playing catchup with Linux
- Phones 4u slips into administration after EE cuts ties with Brit mobe retailer