Q4 2008 was a poor period for manufacturers of graphics chips: all of the key players experiencing sales slumps whether measured on a quarter-by-quarter or a year-on-year basis. According to market watcher Jon Peddie Research (JPR), it's the first time the graphics market has shrunk between Q3 and Q4 since 2000. "Put simply, …
Market share is important and all
But did anybody make a profit?
Market size is important too
If Larrabee works out then GPUs as a class are yesterday's hardware. Anyone out there still using a floating point accelerator card?
That's a big "IF".
Paris, because if she works out, all other hardware is obsolete...
- Review Apple takes blade to 13-inch MacBook Pro with Retina display
- Game Theory The agony and ecstasy of SteamOS: WHERE ARE MY GAMES?
- Intel's Raspberry Pi rival Galileo can now run Windows
- Microsoft and HTC are M8s again: New One mobe sports WinPhone
- Hello, police, El Reg here. Are we a bunch of terrorists now?