back to article RIM BlackBerry Curve 8900

Looking a lot like Blackberry's flagship, the Bold 9000, the latest handset from Canadian email maestro Research in Motion (RIM), is a slightly more compact version of that phone but still manages to pack in almost all of the same features. There's Wi-Fi, GPS and a gloriously detailed screen, as well as Blackberry's trademark …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

MIDI is an audio format?

Really?

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I've just got one.

I don't go in for latest gadgets, I didn't even know it was new.

I simply can't understand what I did before I had one. It's brilliant.

It has, as far as I can see, only three faults.

1. The power socket is on the side, which gets in the way when you try to use it while charging.

2. The power socket is on the side, which means you can't grip it with a universal holder.

3. It's not 3G, but I don't really care.

It's so excellent, I've discovered I've got 12 extra rooms in my house ouside my office, and there's a woman living there with kids.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Up

pretty much faultless

i've had one of these for a couple of weeks and have been really impressed with it. its quick and snappy, start-up is bordering on instant, the gmail app is great, the screen is excellent and its just about small enough to be passable. then there's the killer - it syncs faultlessly with itunes with official bb software, no silly third-party shenanigans. for my money you can ignore email and *enterprise* altogether, this is the ideal grown-up, modern consumer handset...

4. This post has been deleted by its author

5. Max

3G

I own a Bold (got it in October). I love it. Best phone I ever owned.

However, having 3G turned on sucks the battery down much too quickly. I switched off 3G, still get my data at a reasonable rate, and now the battery lasts 2.5 days instead of 1.

That being said, I can safely say that RIM probably realized this and just left it off the Curve, allowing for a reduced price point and a (default) higher battery life.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Down

Naa

No devices with strings attached please. Any arbitrary smartphone out there is able to access some push-service by now, and they all allow for regular POP/IMAP too. Because they're phones and not business models.

7. Diccon

3g

Like Max, I've got the Bold and use it with 3g switched off. The difference in webpage loading times is negligible.

The missus has got one of these and I wish I'd got one now - the camera is leagues better than the bold's and it's a dinky piece of kit.

8. OFace
    Thumb Up

Another one who is a convert to BB

I've had this for about a week and a half now, and I have to say, I'm fairly impressed with it! Although I am slightly peeved that I think the net is a bit slow to browse, the rest of the device is very good - email is quick to display, the interface is foolproof - and with googlemaps installed, the GPS is VERY good as well! I haggled with my network to get a very cheap deal on it, and i'll be happy to stick with this one!

9. Gerard
    Thumb Up

Best BlackBerry I've ever owned

Just got the new Curve having owned the old Curve, 8707, 8700, 7230 and 6230 before (I do know my BlackBerries), this really is the best BlackBerry I've ever owned.

Sure, it doesn't have 3G but for what the BlackBerry is best at, email and calendar, this doesn't make any difference. Web speeds are still fine for what I use on the move and the battery life is significantly better than the Bold. Screen is lovely, as is the keyboard.

Camera is good too but as I also have a normal mobile (C902), this doesn't make much difference to me.

Only grumble is they have changed the charger to a mini-USB which means a number of chargers and cable don't work.

10. Lee

Fantastic!

Got this last week and I am very happy with it. First of all its very nice looking, quite thin too, and apart from the full keyboard making it slightly wider, its no bigger than any normal phone.

Navigation is great.

OS is great.

Keyboard takes a little gettin used too, but its great after that.

Im not really bothered about 3g, but it has wi-fi and bluetooth.

Comes with a 1GB microSD card.

Battery life is great.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like