Brocade has extended its backbone data centre switching range and introduced a virtual SAN facility as its HBAs get more widely adopted. The first DCX backbone switch was introduced a year ago and offered 384 8Gbit/s Fibre Channel ports and a migration path to FCoE, Fibre Channel over Ethernet. Since then Cisco has emphasised …
No "commodity" HBAs?
Given how the storage world has spent so much effort on trying to promote back-end heterogeny in the last few years, wouldn't sharing the good stuff with the likes of Q-logic and Emulex be a better option then trying to convince customers to go "Brocade only"? Especially if the real enemy is Cisco. I can imagine a lot of people saying "yes it's very nice but we use HP servers" etc.
- 'Kim Kardashian snaps naked selfies with a BLACKBERRY'. *Twitterati gasps*
- Crawling from the Wreckage THE DEATH OF ECONOMICS: Aircraft design vs flat-lining financial models
- Review iPhone 6: Hey, looking good slim. How about... oh, your battery died
- +Comment EMC, HP blockbuster 'merger' shocker comes a cropper
- Moon landing was real and WE CAN PROVE IT, says Nvidia