Brocade has extended its backbone data centre switching range and introduced a virtual SAN facility as its HBAs get more widely adopted. The first DCX backbone switch was introduced a year ago and offered 384 8Gbit/s Fibre Channel ports and a migration path to FCoE, Fibre Channel over Ethernet. Since then Cisco has emphasised …
No "commodity" HBAs?
Given how the storage world has spent so much effort on trying to promote back-end heterogeny in the last few years, wouldn't sharing the good stuff with the likes of Q-logic and Emulex be a better option then trying to convince customers to go "Brocade only"? Especially if the real enemy is Cisco. I can imagine a lot of people saying "yes it's very nice but we use HP servers" etc.
- Pics Whisper tracks its users. So we tracked down its LA office. This is what happened next
- YARR! Pirates walk the plank: DMCA magnets sink in Google results
- Review Xperia Z3: Crikey, Sony – ANOTHER flagship phondleslab?
- Ex-US Navy fighter pilot MIT prof: Drones beat humans - I should know
- Human spacecraft dodge COMET CHUNKS pelting off Mars