Brocade has extended its backbone data centre switching range and introduced a virtual SAN facility as its HBAs get more widely adopted. The first DCX backbone switch was introduced a year ago and offered 384 8Gbit/s Fibre Channel ports and a migration path to FCoE, Fibre Channel over Ethernet. Since then Cisco has emphasised …
No "commodity" HBAs?
Given how the storage world has spent so much effort on trying to promote back-end heterogeny in the last few years, wouldn't sharing the good stuff with the likes of Q-logic and Emulex be a better option then trying to convince customers to go "Brocade only"? Especially if the real enemy is Cisco. I can imagine a lot of people saying "yes it's very nice but we use HP servers" etc.
- Review Is it an iPad? Is it a MacBook Air? No, it's a Surface Pro 3
- Microsoft refuses to nip 'Windows 9' unzip lip slip
- Tesla: YES – We'll build a network of free Superchargers in Oz
- US Copyright Office rules that monkeys CAN'T claim copyright over their selfies
- True fact: 1 in 4 Brits are now TERRORISTS