back to article Zimbra! founder! quits! Yahoo!

The founder of open source email Silicon Valley startup Zimbra, which was bought by Yahoo! in September 2007, is leaving the internet firm. Satish Dharmaraj will depart from Yahoo! in March, less than two years after his San Mateo, California-based company was acquired for roughly $350m. He will be replaced by Jim Morrisroe …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Roger Williams
    Unhappy

Beginning! Of! The! End!

“He leaves behind a dedicated team who will continue to deliver open source, collaborative messaging software, and expand into new markets"

Heh. Not for long, now that Carol has taken over. Given her hostility toward open source, I predict that Yahoo!'s open strategies will rapidly fall victim to the first prong of her "fail-fast forward" philosophy. What is likely to move forward quickly is putting enough lipstick on what remains to be able to sell it to Microsoft or Time Warner before the rest of the techie rats leave the ship.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Paris Hilton

Zimbra

Who gives a flying crap about Zimbra. I mean really?

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Not looking good

I had hoped that things with Yahoo could still be turned around. However now it's beginning to look as though the rats are making a mass exodus off the ship, I'm not so sure. It will be interesting to see what the six months or so bring for Yahoo.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Linux

keep Zimbra - ditch the rest

Zimbra's the best mail & collaborative server I've ever used. If she's any smarts she'll have a look around, see what has potential, see what's making money, then ditch the rest.

I lurve my Zimbra setup.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Happy

!!!!111OneOne

Part! of! me! wants! to!write! every! email! at! work! like! this! but! I! don't! think! it'd! be! worth! it! given! the! likely! consequences!

Meanwhile back on topic...Zimbra? never heard of it.

This topic is closed for new posts.