Police have raided the home of a couple suspected of being the first people to sell fake games consoles in the UK. Described as a "team" in an Entertainment and Leisure Software Publishers Association (Elspa) report, the couple’s Kent home contained 40 counterfeit Nintendo DS handheld consoles, the organisation alleges. Each was …
Or grey imports with unauthorised modifications?
2 laptops AND a PC!!
These people must be stopped!!
Probably not even modified
I expect they're imported DS Lites by iQue, the company that sells them (under license) in China. I'm not sure about the legality of the "game copying devices" -- I know Nintendo has been taking steps against the manufacturers and sellers of flash cartridges but I don't know what legal grounds they have for shutting them down. Yes, they're probably used mainly for piracy but there is a good selection of homebrew available for the DS too (eg. Spectrum emulator ZXDS, Roguelike game Powder, etc.) so it's not inconceivable that someone could buy a flash cart with no intention of pirating games.
Paris, because she's no stranger to flashing.
- Asteroid's SHOCK DINO KILLING SPREE just bad luck - boffins
- Just TWO climate committee MPs contradict IPCC: The two with SCIENCE degrees
- BEST BATTERY EVER: All lithium, all the time, plus a dash of carbon nano-stuff
- Stick a 4K in them: Super high-res TVs are DONE
- Review You didn't get the MeMO? Asus Pad 7 Android tab is ... not bad