Remember when TVs with 2,000,000:1 contrast ratios and 200Hz frame rates impressed you? Well, LG’s latest telly blows those specifications out of the water. LG_billion_contrast_ratio_TV LG's TV has a billion-to-one contrast ratio The PQ60D set has just been unveiled by the firm in Korea and it not only boasts an unbelievable …
Never believe contrast levels
As all manufacturers measure contrast ratios in different ways you can't use them to compare sets. Some only turn 20% of the screen black, some a more equal 45% .. they use different methods of actually taking the readings ..
It all looks very impressive on paper but you can't beat actually watching a DVD of your choice on various screens in store.
Ratio of 1,000,000,000:1?
Ironically, given the price that this will probably be, that will also be the ratio of 'people who want one' to 'people who can afford one'...
- The land of Milk and Sammy: Free music app touted by Samsung
- The long war on 'DRAM price fixing' is over: Claim YOUR spoils now (It's worth a few beers)
- Privacy warriors lob sueball at Facebook buyout of WhatsApp
- Dell thuds down low-cost lap workstation for
cheapfrugal creatives or engineers
- 20 Freescale staff on vanished Malaysia Airlines flight MH370