back to article Microsoft halts construction plans, won't renew leases

Microsoft is reportedly boarding up a number of its Seattle-based properties by not renewing the leases, and is postponing construction plans on a number of buildings to help cut costs. According to SeattlePI.com, when Microsoft reports its second quarter earnings on Thursday, the software giant will bring in a series of belt- …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Colin Millar
    IT Angle

Boarding up the windows?

That'll reduce their Vista.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Joke

meanwhile...

...the Linux community is also tightening it's belt... For example Dwain has said he has decided not to redecorate his bedroom this year and Melvin has decided to wash only twice a year, down from last years high of four times.

3. Mr B
    IT Angle

@Colin Millar

Ekzellent!!!

Wish I could rate a comment.

4. Steve John

@AC 15:44

Very good, would rate the comment if I could.

5. Geoffrey W
    Linux

@AC 15:44

<QUOTE>the Linux community is also tightening it's belt... For example Dwain has said he has decided not to redecorate his bedroom this year and Melvin has decided to wash only twice a year, down from last years high of four times.</QUOTE>

Ah Ha! That explains the desktop background picture in Ubuntu. Its a programmers bedroom wall and not a picture of a dirty protest in a prison, as I at first thought.

6. Tom Paine
    Gates Horns

5axx0rings?

Come ON already, Uncle Fester, bite the bullet and get it over with -- the troops are getting restless!

http://minimsft.blogspot.com/2009/01/fy09q2-results-town-hall.html

7. Warhelmet

What Would Jesus Say?

Will Microsoft pass on savings to customers?

8. Ian Michael Gumby
    Pirate

Of course its IT...

All the article does is confirm that Microsoft is letting attrition bring down the US employees as they build up their cheaper off shore labor pool. This way they can't say that they fired an American while they hired an Indian/Vietnamese/Brazilian/<insert your favorite Eastern European country> at a lower cost.

9. Anonymous Coward
    Joke

Hit the wall

Ah yes, as expected, the great "Windows without walls" is coming alive.

10. DZ-Jay

The mills of the gods grind slowly...

Yet they grind exceeding small.

-dZ.

11. Ascylto
    Gates Horns

Ahaaaaa!

So ... plans for world domination are put on hold!

But they've still got the Death Star at Redmond.

12. Anonymous Coward
    Happy

@geoff

No, No, No... You are a Linux guy. You are NOT allowed to have a sense of humour. Retract that statement at once. Where is the hatred for Windows, I'm so disapointed in you....

13. elderlybloke
    Thumb Up

Alright Al.ous

As a Linux guy, (a very inexperienced guy), I will do the mandatory rant about Miroturd, Bloody Bill and Monkey Man(the chair hurler)

Bugger them , bugger them all,

How's that?

14. Geoffrey W
    Heart

@elderlybloke

<QUOTE>Bugger them , bugger them all</QUOTE>

The article says there are *around 91,000* members of MicroSoft. I'll need some help.

This topic is closed for new posts.