IBM kicked off its annual Lotusphere event dedicated to its Lotus Notes and Domino groupware and collaboration environment this weekend, having already launched Notes and Domino 8.5 at the recent Macworld. First up at the Orlando, Florida, event was a peanut butter-and-chocolate combination of the Notes and Domino groupware …
SAP playing both sides of the street
So we now have "Alloy" for integration of a Notes/Domino-based UI into SAP.
Just like "Duet" for integration of a Outlook-based UI into SAP.
Anybody would think that the native SAP UI must be completely pants if it needs to be replaced by PIM plugins.
Oh yes, SAPGUI is ... utterly, completely horrid.
Apparently irremediably so, 'coz SAP A/G aren't even trying.
BES on Domino
Actually, BES is already supported on Domino 8.5 server, pretty good considering 8.5 had been out for just ten days when this was announced. There's also going to be a new Sametime client for the BB, to include file transfer
Sounds an awful lot like SharePoint for the IBM equivillent of Exchange/Outlook....
Is the SAP UI more or less crap than the Notes one?
Look, Notes/SAP Fanboys, yes, you love it, and it got better in recently, but it's still shit, and 99% of your users will tell you so.
Paris, because a lot nicer to use than Notes or SAP (and trust me, I really do not want to go there)
- +Comment Trips to Mars may be OFF: The SUN has changed in a way we've NEVER SEEN
- Vid Google opens Inbox – email for those too stupid to use email
- Pic Forget the $2499 5K iMac – today we reveal Apple's most expensive computer to date
- RUMPY PUMPY: Bone says humans BONED Neanderthals 50,000 years B.C.
- Is your home or office internet gateway one of '1.2 MILLION' wide open to hijacking?