New York state has scrapped plans for a statewide emergency network on the (not unreasonable) grounds that the contractor can't make the thing work as promised. The state has already spent $54 million since the contract to build the network was awarded to M/A-COM back in 2004, but it hopes to get that money back - as stipulated …
Talk to London Lord Mayor Boris...
...about the system in London that has just been commissioned and works in the Underground system...
Of course, the requirements will be different, but it's a start !
Airwave has not *just* been commissioned, it's been in existance since 2000 (http://www.fife.police.uk/default.aspx?page=1790), it's just that the Underground has been one of the few places where it didn't work, until recently.
But I do have to question NY state's decision to pull out, NYC is suffering similar problems of money being heavily squeezed because of Cap'n Crunch, so NY state surely is feeling it too.
Now here's a thought ...
Call in EDS!
They might cock it up more cheaply!
- Product round-up Too 4K-ing expensive? Five full HD laptops for work and play
- Review We have a winner! Fresh Linux Mint 17.1 – hands down the best
- Vid Antarctic ice THICKER than first feared – penguin-bot boffins
- You stupid BRICK! PCs running Avast AV can't handle Windows fixes
- Antique Code Show World of Warcraft then and now: From Orcs and Humans to Warlords of Draenor