back to article Meltdown melts down Intel launch plans

Asian motherboard makers say Intel will postpone the launch of its next mainstream quad-core processor line, code-named Lynnfield, according to DigiTimes. In addition, the usually reliable Taipei news service reports that Chipzilla will also postpone Lynnfield's companion chipset, the P55. According to DigiTimes' sources, the …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Up

Good

Having a conscience, it's not so bad to see an Israeli company not doing so well.

This understanding comes from being a former “insider,”

2. kain preacher

@Israeli company

Um excuse me. I must of been hallucinating when I drive past their HQ ever day in Santa Clara ,Ca.

Do they operations in Israel ? Yes but Intel is an AMERICAN COMPANY.

3. Joe K

Makes sense

Cos we can't buy any new kit anyway.

Fuckin ell, we'll be lucky if we get the budget to power the current servers up the way this year has gone so far.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Re: @Israeli company

Actually, after understanding what are the real results from Indian R&D intel moved most of it in Israel. Core and its accompanying chipsets at least initially were started as skunkworks projects in Intel Israel division. At the same time the Indians were claiming that they will deliver faster, better bigger P4 next month, then the month after that, then the month after that while falsifying expenses. Satyam is not an exemption - Satyam like behaviour is the rule as the Intel Indian R&D debacle showed us a few years back.

However it is only Intel so far to admit it and take measures on the subject by moving their R&D to Israel.

So from an R&D perspective Intel is indeed an Israeli company.

Probably from a cultural perspective as well. It is quite clear that in a classic Anglo-Saxon mind the joy from seeing the other side "bend-over" in an indian outsourcing relationship is capable to overcome commercial prudence and ability to count the pennies. That does not happen with Jews. To be blunt nothing can overcome their commercial prudence. So the conjecture that it was Jewish influence that made Intel the only company to realise that Indian outsourcing provides solely bend-over joy and no delivery is not that far off.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Go

No intel. No!

I'd guess that of all orgaisations in the world intel knows the importance of keeping all of the wheels spinning and working.

Perhaps it is better to mothball standing stock (wherever it is?) and keep the plants running?

The alternative of stopping plants while warehouses dwindle of stock seems a bit dull, lethargic and loses a sharp edge yes?

Besides that, we all know that the standing stock will be very welcome in 12 months or 18 months either in stack 'em high distributors in developed world OR in cutting edge stuff in the developing world.

Oh how I wonder what an informed analysis would make of the alternatives?

No disrespect meant at all to intel, AMD, ... but Go Guys Go!

6. Anonymous Coward
    Alert

Dumb Idea...

Were not selling this crap cos its not appealing to the public.. What should we do?

a) Release something the public will buy.. or

b) Not release anything leave the shops full of non-moving stock and wait till us and the shops all go bankrupt.. then ask for a bailout..

hmm..

7. Anonymous Coward
    Happy

Why?

<phealing philosofikal>

Why delay the future and prolong the present?

</phealing philosofikal>

8. kain preacher

@Re: @Israeli company

So then you're saying the Jews are the only ones to realize , getting taken by out souring is dumb ??

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like