The Kogan Agora, touted as the second Android handset and scheduled for an Australian launch in ten days, has been delayed indefinitely thanks to a low-resolution screen that prevents many Android applications working properly. In a posting on the company blog Ruslan Kogan claims the handset had already started production, but …
hats off to the chap
provided this is not PR spin, the guy should be applauded for admitting his product was substandard and taking the financial hit of scrapping a batch and starting again.
now admit to not giving his team enough time and money to make the product as specified/required, despite what his developers were saying? Now that would be a first...
When this handset was first announced here in Australia, some of the reader comments expressed doubt that the handset would indeed make it to market (citing previous experiences with Ruslan / Kogan). It would seem these comments were spot on.
Sad really, I was looking forward to test driving the Agora handset.
- 'Windows 9' LEAK: Microsoft's playing catchup with Linux
- Review A SCORCHIO fatboy SSD: Samsung SSD850 PRO 3D V-NAND
- Was Earth once covered in HELLFIRE? No – more like a wet Sunday night in Iceland
- Every billionaire needs a PANZER TANK, right? STOP THERE, Paul Allen
- First Irish boy band U2. Now Apple pushes ANOTHER thing into iPhones, iPods, iPads