The Kogan Agora, touted as the second Android handset and scheduled for an Australian launch in ten days, has been delayed indefinitely thanks to a low-resolution screen that prevents many Android applications working properly. In a posting on the company blog Ruslan Kogan claims the handset had already started production, but …
hats off to the chap
provided this is not PR spin, the guy should be applauded for admitting his product was substandard and taking the financial hit of scrapping a batch and starting again.
now admit to not giving his team enough time and money to make the product as specified/required, despite what his developers were saying? Now that would be a first...
When this handset was first announced here in Australia, some of the reader comments expressed doubt that the handset would indeed make it to market (citing previous experiences with Ruslan / Kogan). It would seem these comments were spot on.
Sad really, I was looking forward to test driving the Agora handset.
- iSPY: Apple Stores switch on iBeacon phone sniff spy system
- Chinese gamer plays on while BMW burns to the ground
- Pic NASA Mars tank Curiosity rolls on old WET PATCH, sighs, sniffs for life signs
- It's true, the START MENU is coming BACK to Windows 8, hiss sources
- How UK air traffic control system was caught asleep on the job