The Kogan Agora, touted as the second Android handset and scheduled for an Australian launch in ten days, has been delayed indefinitely thanks to a low-resolution screen that prevents many Android applications working properly. In a posting on the company blog Ruslan Kogan claims the handset had already started production, but …
hats off to the chap
provided this is not PR spin, the guy should be applauded for admitting his product was substandard and taking the financial hit of scrapping a batch and starting again.
now admit to not giving his team enough time and money to make the product as specified/required, despite what his developers were saying? Now that would be a first...
When this handset was first announced here in Australia, some of the reader comments expressed doubt that the handset would indeed make it to market (citing previous experiences with Ruslan / Kogan). It would seem these comments were spot on.
Sad really, I was looking forward to test driving the Agora handset.
- 'Kim Kardashian snaps naked selfies with a BLACKBERRY'. *Twitterati gasps*
- Crawling from the Wreckage THE DEATH OF ECONOMICS: Aircraft design vs flat-lining financial models
- Review iPhone 6: Hey, looking good slim. How about... oh, your battery died
- +Comment EMC, HP blockbuster 'merger' shocker comes a cropper
- Moon landing was real and WE CAN PROVE IT, says Nvidia