AMD plans to slash its workforce by 9 per cent beginning next month, while temporarily reducing wages from its CEO down to hourly workers. "As a result of the continuing global economic downturn, we have determined that we need to take difficult, but prudent, actions designed to reduce costs," AMD said in a statement. Starting …
Well, this may be good in the long run
Hopefully they scrape off a bunch of uselss marketing and MBA douchebags and make the company more efficiently run. In every large company there are many people that do not carry thier weight, I just hope it's them that get the AXE and not some random selection based on ill informed execu-whim.
Hey Reg icon bods
Its about time we had a icon of Zorg (Gary Oldman) from the Fifth Element, just as he turns and emotionlessly says:
"Fire one million"
I like the range of the pay cuts those at the top taking the biggest temporary hit.
I do hope they don't just get rid of the employees by the numbers rather by the skills they have, although marketing should take a good hit, I mean I do sometimes wonder what planet these "marketing" types are on...
- Product round-up Ten excellent FREE PC apps to brighten your Windows
- Analysis Pity the poor Windows developer: The tools for desktop development are in disarray
- Chromecast video on UK, Euro TVs hertz so badly it makes us judder – but Google 'won't fix'
- Review Tough Banana Pi: a Raspberry Pi for colour-blind diehards
- Product round-up Ten Mac freeware apps for your new Apple baby