Feeds

back to article Google slices and dices recruiters, engineers, products

Google has admitted it’s not immune to the brown shoots of deterioration strangling the world economy – the internet giant plans to axe 100 staff in its recruiting division, shuffle its engineers around and axe some products. It said yesterday that it had “with great regret” decided to lay off 100 of its recruiters. Having cut …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
Unhappy

But.... but...

I keep getting e-mails offering me a job at Google! I'm just waiting until I can get together the £1,000 "consultancy fee" to cover their HR costs before I start coining it in whilst working from home in my shorts....

i'd rather

Be getting the axe from google then accepting a job at yahoo.

Thumb Down

it's pretty much the same

"Google has told around 70 of its engineers to move to other offices, but admitted some may be forced to quit."

Yeah, you can move (at your own expense) to a new location (where we might keep you or might not, but we won't tell you until you have moved).

They're not going to let on how many contactors they have axed so that it helps keep their stock price propped up while the market is in the dumper. HR folks get hosed a lot of places and when companies get bought up / merged are the first to go. No thanks. cut some of the stupid office perks for the whingers.

Paris Hilton

3 square meals a day

Assuming $8 per meal, that's $24/day/consumer. Assuming Google has 20,000 employees and say about 1/3 of them avail themselves of all meals per day, that's a daily expense of $160,000. Assuming 240 working days per year, that works out to $38.4M/year. Gosh, you could almost hire one more American executive at that price. I don't know why I am making this post (ergo PH icon). Oh, also, RIP Google Notebook :(.

This topic is closed for new posts.